WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   AH sells/returns tracking addon (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43391)

eomer 05-03-12 02:37 PM

AH sells/returns tracking addon

Hello!
Can someone tell if there is an addon that can track how many times I posted a certain item on AH, how many times it returned and how many times it sold. Preferably showing it in item tooltip.
I'm trying my luck in recipe selling and it would be nice to know when you're at vendor if this particular one is going good or selling once per month.

Philburt63 05-15-12 05:41 AM

Abigail is an Auction House addon that show in an items tooltip the selling ratio. This is the number of times you have placed the item for auction, and the number of times it has been bought from you. Not a lightweight addon, with many other functions, but you could probably get away with using it just to monitor your selling success. And since it uses the Mailbox to record sold and unsold auctions, you can use any other addon to do the actual auctioning if you so wish.

eomer 06-17-12 07:23 AM

Sorry for seeing your reply so late. It was actually Abigail that prompted the question. I use it and while price recording works very well, the selling rate still remains 0-0. Tried to manually take unsold recipes and gold from sold ones out, but still the same. Do I need to list recipe from it's own selling interface for it to be recorded?
Using AuctionLite, Postal, Tiptac and a lot of other addons.

Philburt63 06-17-12 09:43 AM

Abigail will record items in the mailbox that have come from the Auction House. These items will be either:

1) A returned item that did not sell, in which case the number of times the item has been put up for auction will be increased by 1

or

2) Cash from a successful auction, in which case the number of times the item has been sucessfully sold is increased by 1.

I noticed however, that when an item has been sold at the Auction house, the number of times it has been put up for auction should also be increased by 1, and this is currently not happening. This has now been fixed for the next release, but if you are feeling brave you can fix it yourself by:

1) Open C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\Abigail
2) Right click on the file Abigail.lua - it should be the first one, and select Open With and then Wordpad.
3) Click on Edit at top of screen, then click Find.
4) Enter Rat1=Rat1+1 in the text box and press Find Next
5) Immediately after the Rat1=Rat1+1 line, enter a new line that reads Rat2=Rat2+1
6) Make no other changes! (This is really important)
7) Click on File at the top of the screen, and select Save from the menu
8) Close all windows and reboot WoW - everthing should now work correctly.

Note that Abigail only records putting items up for sale and sucessful sales by monitoring the Mailbox. This is so that Abigail can keep track of auctions made by other addons. Also, Abigail will only record the result of auctions made by yourself, it does not scan the AH and keep track of the auctions posted by other people.

Hope this helps.

eomer 06-17-12 10:26 AM

Thanks a lot :) Going to see if that help. Will keep you informed.

Torhal 06-17-12 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philburt63 (Post 256913)
<snip>
8) Close all windows and reboot WoW - everthing should now work correctly.
<snip>

All you need to do is type "/console reloadui". The only time it is necessary to completely exit from WoW is when you are adding new files to an AddOn.

p3lim 06-17-12 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 256917)
All you need to do is type "/console reloadui". The only time it is necessary to completely exit from WoW is when you are adding new files to an AddOn.

/reload is a built-in handle.

Torhal 06-17-12 10:49 PM

Aah, so that's why it hadn't been working for me. I'd been typing "/reloadui" without success.

Philburt63 06-18-12 01:29 AM

Console Reloadui

I'm perfectly aware of the /console reloadui command, but I couldn't be certain the file was been changed whilst running WoW, which is why I gave the instructions as I did.

Quote:

Not strictly correct, as /console reloadui doesn't work if you make changes to the TOC file. In that case you would still have to exit WoW and re-login.

p3lim 06-18-12 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philburt63 (Post 256932)
Not strictly correct, as /console reloadui doesn't work if you make changes to the TOC file. In that case you would still have to exit WoW and re-login.

A /reload works as long as you dont add files.
As long as you just modify or remove them, it works, even for textures and sounds (replacing them that is)!

I can't recall if this works with XML files aswell, as I have never tested it with them.

Ketho 06-18-12 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 256917)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philburt63 (Post 256932)

That's the same thing Torhal was saying ..

jeffy162 06-18-12 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketho (Post 256936)
That's the same thing Torhal was saying ..

No, not at all.

Torhal is saying that you must exit and restart WoW WHEN YOU ADD NEW FILES for those changes to take effect.

Philburt63 is saying that you must still re-log when you make changes to a .toc file.

Definitely not the same thing

However, I must add something after doing a small test of my own on a .toc from my own "Masque_ClassButtons" plug-in. I changed the version number in the TOC file, did a "/rl" and then checked it. It persisted through several UI reloads, and exiting the game. Maybe it depends what the changes are that are made to a TOC file as to whether or not you have to re-log for said changes to take effect.

wowunderachiever 06-18-12 01:21 PM

I am shooting from the hip here so take this with a grain of salt - but I believe with TradeSkillMaster you can set it to keep a particular number of a vendor item on hand and then automatically purchase what you need when you visit a vendor. That will accomplish the same end result you are looking for.

You can also go into TSM's accounting options and see a table of all items you have sold, how many, how long ago, etc. and remove the poor sellers from your buying routine.

Phanx 06-19-12 03:11 AM

You can freely add/remove/comment/uncomment file references from a TOC file while WoW is running, as long as any added/uncommented file references point to files that existed when WoW launched.

However, additions/changes/deletions to any of the "special" lines in a TOC file (eg. ## Interface or ## SavedVariables) will not be recognized until you restart WoW.

eomer 06-19-12 02:03 PM

2wowunderachiever
Well that's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for addon that will help me determine and remember which recipes do sell and which I should avoid. So I need sales statistics and I don't need automatic relisting and keeping stock.

2Philburt63
It does work. Got almost all my listings back, and it added 1 in number of tries and on successful ones added 1 to number of successful sales. It even seems to remember numbers between different chars.
Seems strange, but on one of the chars it was not showing any info on some of the items I listed and got back, but after I scanned the AH and then said Abigail to use other addon scan data that items did get info, though unsuccessful sale attempt wasn't shown (0 sold from 0 auctions).
Thanks a lot for the fix :) Going to use it and see how it all goes. So far it seems exactly what I was looking for.

Philburt63 06-20-12 09:43 AM

a quick reply

Not sure why you should be having trouble on another character. The data that Abigail creates is realm-specific, not character specific. This means that all characters on one realm will share the same data, even Horde and Alliance characters, which should probably be made to be separate, but that's for another day.

Why one character wouldn't show the data is a bit of a mystery until after a scan, but i'll try using Abigail on several characters, and see if I can duplicate the problem.

eomer 06-20-12 12:16 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I'll be using Abigail anyway and that's not a big problem for me now.
The most strange thing was that some items for that char had full info (even number of times I listed them) and others had no info even on prices. Maybe I didn't see them on AH before.
Maybe that's not important, but I have EU account and that char is on Russian server. Others are on English ones and I tested about 6-7 of them all had all info working well, even shared data on number of listings of the same items. So maybe just an issue with Russian server or odd bug with one char.

Philburt63 06-20-12 12:50 PM

Data created on one server will not be available to characters on other servers, as each server will have its own economy, and what may be cheap on one may be expensive on another.

Having said this, all servers should work in the same way, They'll just need to have at least one character to take a snapshot.

Glad you like Abigail, and I hope to keep adding new features that may be useful. Please feel free to add any feature suggestions on the feedback or comments page of the Abigail website at http://www.abigail.webeden.co.uk/