WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Help to update an addon to version 5.2 (DotaKillSound) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46201)

Zorhel 04-07-13 12:26 PM

Help to update an addon to version 5.2 (DotaKillSound)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and my knowledge of lua are null, so we sought help from you who are professionals.

In the past used an addon for pvp, called DotaKillSound. The last version of the game supports this addon is 3.3.5a. I tried to change some of the files but I have not run the addon. Looking for information about lua, I found this forum and wanted to know if anyone can review the code of this addon and tell me if the code is not too old and if you can upgrade to the version of the game that is the 5.2. In general I want to know if you have an easy solution because if you have to rewrite the entire code addon, I'm not interested. I have no idea lua programming.

Would be very grateful if any of you can retrieve this addon, is truly one of the best addon I've seen and I would like to play with this addon.

removed link to offsite download ~ Cairenn

Thanks for your time.

Resike 04-07-13 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorhel (Post 275969)
Hi, I'm new to the forum and my knowledge of lua are null, so we sought help from you who are professionals.

In the past used an addon for pvp, called DotaKillSound. The last version of the game supports this addon is 3.3.5a. I tried to change some of the files but I have not run the addon. Looking for information about lua, I found this forum and wanted to know if anyone can review the code of this addon and tell me if the code is not too old and if you can upgrade to the version of the game that is the 5.2. In general I want to know if you have an easy solution because if you have to rewrite the entire code addon, I'm not interested. I have no idea lua programming.

Would be very grateful if any of you can retrieve this addon, is truly one of the best addon I've seen and I would like to play with this addon.

removed link to offsite download ~ Cairenn

Thanks for your time.

If you want to try something new but similar then:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19569-PVPSound.html

semlar 04-07-13 01:16 PM

The game doesn't support wav files any more, so even if someone fixed the script it wouldn't work.

You would have to replace all of the sound files with mp3s or oggs.

Zorhel 04-07-13 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resike (Post 275971)
If you want to try something new but similar then:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19569-PVPSound.html

If you've tried it but not the same. Thanks for the reply :)

Zorhel 04-07-13 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semlar (Post 275973)
The game doesn't support wav files any more, so even if someone fixed the script it wouldn't work.

You would have to replace all of the sound files with mp3s or oggs.

I have not tried that actually did not know. I will change the format of the sound files and then I comment and it works.

Thank you! :)

Zorhel 04-08-13 01:21 PM

I changed the format to wav files and modified the lua but still not working.

And shows me an error:

Quote:

1x DotaKillSoundUU-2.4.3\dotakillsounduu-2.4.3.lua:52: attempt to index global "this" (a nil value)

DotaKillSoundUU-2.4.3\dotakillsounduu-2.4.3.lua:52: in function "DotaKillSoundUU_OnLoad"

<string>:"*:OnLoad":1: in function <string>:"*:OnLoad":1

Locals:
self = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
}

If anyone knows how to fix this error would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Resike 04-08-13 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorhel (Post 276015)
I changed the format to wav files and modified the lua but still not working.

And shows me an error:

If anyone knows how to fix this error would be very grateful.

Thanks!

If you could upload the addon with your modified mp3 files then i could be able to make it work with 5.2 for you.

Zorhel 04-08-13 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Resike (Post 276022)
If you could upload the addon with your modified mp3 files then i could be able to make it work with 5.2 for you.

Thank you very much :)

Sorry for the link M**A did not know they were prohibited such links.

Zorhel 04-10-13 06:42 PM

Any progress?

Thanks for all your work!

Dridzt 04-10-13 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorhel (Post 276219)
Any progress?

Thanks for all your work!

Just the changed files, replace the originals. (warning: drycoded)

Edit 11-Apr-2013:, updated the attachment with a missed file
(.toc wasn't included, it would fail to save settings due to renaming of SV)

Zorhel 04-11-13 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dridzt (Post 276224)
Just the changed files, replace the originals. (warning: drycoded)

It works!

Thank you so much! :)

Dridzt 04-11-13 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorhel (Post 276244)
It works!

Thank you so much! :)

I updated the attachment, I had also made a small change to the .toc file but forgot to include it in the .zip

Resike 04-11-13 08:20 AM

Yeah, sorry i was working on it too, fixed the frames and the combat log stuff, but it still didnt wanted to work somehow, so i just put it aside a bit.