WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Patch 3.2 =0 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25955)

noble8 08-04-09 02:52 AM

Patch 3.2 =0

How come no one is talking about this, its almost certainly going live on US today =0

I personally will enjoy the new crusader area the most ;)

Ariele 08-04-09 04:04 AM

there is so many rumors around the internet about when it will go live that i think most just wait until its here, before comment on it. I personally dont mind if they wait until next week. Even though i know they will never get rid of bugs and the next few days we wil get lots of bugfixes,restarts etc. But well its not first time huh? :D
About the patch well im happy that they buff our mounts speed (normal ones) and make the druid forms looking better. The things i dont like its the looks of alliance new tier and well i dont know it yet but looks like the new instance is kind of..boring like arena thing. (its my opinion and only my own)I dont pvp so the pvp changes i dont care about so nothing to comment on that. Other then that lets see how it all looks like when patch hit the servers.

noble8 08-04-09 04:23 AM

I also forget that the US servers are 10 hours behind EU.
Just wanted some chatter while I grind out my 9-5. ;)

Verissi 08-04-09 04:30 AM

Shhh, I'm savouring the calm before the "omgwtfmyaddonsareborked" storm :p

Kidding! I'm looking forward to it as much as the next person, but I guess I'm just numb to "patch anticipation" after years of being in PTR/betas for so many games. If it drops today, great...if not, that's fine too.

I must admit, though, I'm looking forward to the new companion pets, new Tournament dailies, the ravasaur trainer stuff, and some of the other little quirky things in 3.2. Gives me more stuff to do when I'm not busy with PvP, raiding, or UI tinkering. I also think my friends are placing bets on how many times I'll change my druid's skin colour before settling on one (10 times seems to be a popular guess).

Sekrin 08-04-09 05:23 AM

Just loaded WoW and the login screen message was informing me of extended downtime tomorrow to apply patch 3.2 (I'm on a European server).

Mycroftxxx1 08-04-09 05:33 AM

NA just patched me to 3.2.... It's dropped!

And now the addon crisis of Aug 2009 begins... When will they all work again????!!?!?

Xrystal 08-04-09 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, downloading as we speak...

Ariele 08-04-09 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekrin (Post 150644)
Just loaded WoW and the login screen message was informing me of extended downtime tomorrow to apply patch 3.2 (I'm on a European server).

Same here so its actually comming this wenesday( its EU so we have tuesday right now :-) patch tonight then) and the thing im worried about is if my UI is gonna work after i log on tomorrow :-P. But well i have three to choose from so lets hope at least one of them continue to work :p spartan/numein/tao. The other new things that are commming beside those i mentioned well there is few so need to check them out first to see if im happy about it or not :-)

Ariele 08-04-09 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 150647)
Yep, downloading as we speak...

and how big is the patch over there this time ? :p
I D/L the data during the last feww weeks so i have 447mb. Just wondering how much i have to get during the night :-)

Vis 08-04-09 05:43 AM

It was only a couple minutes more of downloading for me, then straight to install :)

Folder named "WoW-3.1.3-to-3.2.0-enUS-Win-patch" total size 397 megs

Mycroftxxx1 08-04-09 05:43 AM

only took 2 minutes with a 5.0 cable modem and a 10/100 network in the house. So what, maybe 500-600 mb total?

p3lim 08-04-09 07:13 AM

EU download on the background downloader right now is 447mb

Marthisdil 08-04-09 07:22 AM

You've been able to get the patch on the US background downloaded starting a couple weeks ago...and an update to the first part late last week.

however, Running the background downloader, or the launcher doesn't install the patch for me here in the US. And I'm unable to login currently so it can't begin processing if it's coming live today.

But it seems that it is - so <shrug>

brod 08-04-09 07:33 AM

How will this patch affect UI mods? Is it one of 'those' patches where practically every mod needs to be updated?

Xrystal 08-04-09 07:40 AM

Out of the addons I use, and there are a quite a few, only 1 or 2 glitched out. I informed the developer of the major one straight away on day 1 of the test server coming up so I am sure the problem is fixed already ( it was quest guru for those wanting to know ).

Other than that I don't recall anything major. Most of the UI changes shouldn't affect many of the addons out there.

Helidoc 08-04-09 08:09 AM

Let the games begin :banana: hopefully the UI changes won't be crippling.

Tristanian 08-04-09 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helidoc (Post 150674)
Let the games begin :banana: hopefully the UI changes won't be crippling.

They aren't :)

forty2j 08-04-09 08:26 AM

Oh yay. A patch, and my Minion is still crippled by bug 244...

Guess I'll have to update the old-fashioned way :(

Nuckin 08-04-09 08:27 AM

There are a couple odd changes, My most frustrating change is as follows:

changed "GetDifficultyColor" to "GetQuestDifficultyColor", but somehow calling "GetDifficultyColor" on the PTR did not throw a nil value exception, just killed FPS(60fps to 25fps)

It was quite strange

Speeddymon 08-04-09 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckin (Post 150679)
There are a couple odd changes, My most frustrating change is as follows:

changed "GetDifficultyColor" to "GetQuestDifficultyColor", but somehow calling "GetDifficultyColor" on the PTR did not throw a nil value exception, just killed FPS(60fps to 25fps)

It was quite strange

It threw a nil error for me, which prompted me to contact JimBim to get MonkeyQuest fixed. But I didn't log back in on the later builds of the PTR so it may have broken late in testing.

The big one I'm expecting is all of the Rock users to start QQing about Rock not being updated to work around the error frame being renamed. And of course the new built in blizzard DevTools replacement breaking everything, which is part of the aforementioned error frame rename.