WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Error: Cannot delete old file (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24312)

orionthehunter 06-01-09 03:26 PM

Error: Cannot delete old file

I downloaded and installed 5min ago. opened the Jar from the installed default directory. I get the mods downloaded but I get an error: cannot delete old file on every add on it tries to update. I searched the forum and the website for clues. I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100 RC1 x64. Thank for any help.

Boedicia 06-01-09 04:07 PM

I get that too, also sometimes. Internol error.

Cairenn 06-01-09 04:19 PM

I'm willing to bet that 9 times out of 10, it's Auctioneer/Gatherer/Enchantrix files, right?

There's a known issue with those that we are trying to solve. :)

Boedicia 06-02-09 08:46 AM

Well here's a screen shot of the errors i get.

But apart from that its a great updater even in beta! Can't wait til its full release. Someone has already asked curse about a module for it. Although i doubt it as it competes with their updater, but who knows. *gives cookies* you guys deserve them.

Shirik 06-02-09 08:48 AM

I would need to see a log file before I can do anything.

Boedicia 06-02-09 08:53 AM

How would i come about a log file?

Shirik 06-02-09 06:36 PM

The locations of the log files are listed in the sticky at the top of this forum for "Bug Reports"

Putts 06-02-09 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just downloaded and installed for the first time tonight, I'm getting the same issue...errors for every addon it tries to update (Windows 7 RC). Log file is attached. Thanks.

Shirik 06-02-09 08:14 PM

That log file is incomplete. Please shut down the application before posting it.

Putts 06-03-09 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry about that, let's try this again.

Boedicia 06-03-09 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirik (Post 140427)
I would need to see a log file before I can do anything.

Ok i've attached it on http://www.mmoui.com/bugs/view.php?id=77

MagsInfin 06-03-09 11:20 AM

I saw this last night, and I noticed a pattern (and from what I can read on the screenshot,t he same applies), but anytime that I had that error was on something that had child folders that updated as part of a batch, but weren't recognized as such (IE: Deadly Boss Mods). I found that instead of doing an Update All with them, if I updated them one at a time with the parent addons, they updated just fine. I don't know if this has something to do with how the addons are recognized, but once I figured that out, it updated fine for me.

runnerl 06-25-09 04:17 PM

i have the same problem :(

windows 7 and i become the message, it cannot delete.

is there any solution?

sry for my bad english!

Greetings from Germany

Runnerl

orionthehunter 06-27-09 08:35 AM

Error Log

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my error log

forty2j 07-05-09 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seeing something similar in Mac OSX 10.5.7. I think something changed on how Mac treats the /var directory recently. It worked before..

Edit to add: I tried running the permission repair utliity.. it changed a bunch of stuff, but none of it impacted Minion's behavior.

ScytheBlade1 07-05-09 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forty2j (Post 146084)
Seeing something similar in Mac OSX 10.5.7. I think something changed on how Mac treats the /var directory recently. It worked before..

Edit to add: I tried running the permission repair utliity.. it changed a bunch of stuff, but none of it impacted Minion's behavior.

This behavior on OSX is believed to be fixed. A permissions repair won't help much. Once we can knock out a few more bugs, we'll get a bug fix release out.

Thanks for the logs, all.

AsheruWolf 07-05-09 09:41 PM

A lot of these issues seem to come from the fact they are sub folders. I get the same issues with:
DBM,
Auctioneer,
Gatherer,
Enchantrix,
and any addons under nUI classification.

For now I have been skipping these addons till a fix is announced. :cool: