WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Technical Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Range indication (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22884)

Apraxia 04-25-09 04:17 PM

Range indication

Hope this is more suited here than in the general tech support. I'm using the current release of the developer version. I can't say how many versions ago exactly that I noticed the issue but just today it finally started driving me nuts. I've only so far noticed this an issue in 5 man groups

When I'm partied with 5 or less people I will constantly have issues with the frames indicating that a person is either in range (highlighed with no OOR label) or not in range but either or circumstance it being completely false. I've tried a few things such as selecting the target then deselecting, reloading ui, select the incorrect target switch to another party member then back again, so on and so forth. Is this a known issue or is there a way to fix this? I thought perhaps maybe it might be attributed to the refresh rate for nUI but I have it set to 30 fps as I always have and it was not as issue in the past.

Also, if you'd be so kind to assist with two other less technical issues I'd appriciate it.

1. My minimap button bag is TINY. like mini size. Can't even click on a button cause you can just barely see the outline of the bag itself when clicked open to show the buttons. This just started after downloading recent dev version.

2. A huge issue became apparent to my BF and I today that we hadn't realized until now. We were doing heroic Occulus and for the first time using the the 'green' drake which would be the healing one. This requires one to target the hostile stacking your spell/poison and then to target a player on their drake that is low on health and use your dream funnel ability. Only problem is we could only see the health of our own drake that we were on, and didn't know of a way to display all party members 'mounted pet' health. Is there a workaround to this? Also frustrating is the inability to target anything at all (that we could tell) while on a mounted combat pet. Not sure if that's a Blizz thing though or not. Help would be great. :D

spiel2001 04-26-09 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apraxia (Post 131111)
Hope this is more suited here than in the general tech support. I'm using the current release of the developer version. I can't say how many versions ago exactly that I noticed the issue but just today it finally started driving me nuts. I've only so far noticed this an issue in 5 man groups

When I'm partied with 5 or less people I will constantly have issues with the frames indicating that a person is either in range (highlighed with no OOR label) or not in range but either or circumstance it being completely false. I've tried a few things such as selecting the target then deselecting, reloading ui, select the incorrect target switch to another party member then back again, so on and so forth. Is this a known issue or is there a way to fix this? I thought perhaps maybe it might be attributed to the refresh rate for nUI but I have it set to 30 fps as I always have and it was not as issue in the past.

I had thought that 5.02.05 fixed that issue as I did rework the range engine in that update and at least for hostile targets it seemed to work. I've not been getting to play much since the patch -- only about 2 or 3 hours of play so far since patch day -- so my ability to do "real" testing has been limited by the amount of time I've been spending in the code and dealing with e-mail, etc. So, it is possible there's still an issue there. I am going to *try* and spend the day playing today and focusing on the bugs that have been brought up and see if I can get them resolved. I'll keep a close eye on this one.

Quote:

Also, if you'd be so kind to assist with two other less technical issues I'd appriciate it.
No! I won't do it!

~grin~

Quote:

1. My minimap button bag is TINY. like mini size. Can't even click on a button cause you can just barely see the outline of the bag itself when clicked open to show the buttons. This just started after downloading recent dev version.
Very odd. Are your other bags small too, or just the button bag? Is it the same width as the other bags? Can you post a screenshot of this one so I can see what's going on? (you can use the "Manage Attachments" button in the message editing page to upload it directly to the forum)

Quote:

2. A huge issue became apparent to my BF and I today that we hadn't realized until now. We were doing heroic Occulus and for the first time using the the 'green' drake which would be the healing one. This requires one to target the hostile stacking your spell/poison and then to target a player on their drake that is low on health and use your dream funnel ability. Only problem is we could only see the health of our own drake that we were on, and didn't know of a way to display all party members 'mounted pet' health. Is there a workaround to this? Also frustrating is the inability to target anything at all (that we could tell) while on a mounted combat pet. Not sure if that's a Blizz thing though or not. Help would be great. :D
This is actually a known issue and I've yet to have figured out the fix for it. Is this a 5 man, 10 man or 25 man event? In a 5 man, I could replace the party member's pet button with their vehicle button. Not sure how to handle it in the 10 and 25 man unit frame setups though.