"DEV" version: Carbonite Map(s) Observations
First, let me say that I'm posting this here in the DEV subforum instead of the Carbonite "Maps" subforum only because I'm using the latest GitHub "DEV" files. I am NOT a developer, but I thought this might be the best place to post this, since it is not the "Live" version, and the "Live" version is not up-to-date.
This is lengthy, so I hope you don't mind. I also added a few images because each one of them illustrates the observations I had better than text might do.
1. While I'm standing in Pandaria/Valley of the Four Winds/Sunsong Ranch (Halfhill) and clicking on the red question mark "?" in Carbonite to locate MAILBOXES, both of the Carbonite map views go berserk.
2. Neither one of the views displays an icon for a Mailbox (where I am), even though I'm standing only five (5) feet away from one.
3. The Carbonite arrow (attached to its long dashed line) is pointing to what it considers the 'closest' Mailbox, but it is on a different continent from where I am! It is pointing the The Abyssal Depths, 12,313 yards away from me! And, that's the ONLY Mailbox it shows.
4. Quite often, whenever I move my mouse cursor slightly over the area in which I'm standing in Pandaria/Valley of the Four Winds/Sunsong Ranch (Halfhill), the map will change to a totally different view of the world. It displays a map of the World (Draenor)!
5. Neither of the two sizes of the Carbonite map display POI icons, even though that option is turned "on" in Carbonite's Options.
6. My character's cursor moves randomly from place to place into different zones, even while I'm standing still in Pandaria/Valley of the Four Winds/Sunsong Ranch (Halfhill). Often, it disappears completely from Carbonite map views.
There are several other issues as well, but I'm not including them here.
NOTE 1. *** The Blizzard Minimap is NOT merged into Carbonite's larger-view map. That's how I want it.
NOTE 2: *** I realize that Carbonite uses only one (1) map in two (2) different sizes. However, each one of them has its own API. They DO NOT display the same things as each other, or as the Blizzard Minimap displays unless EACH CARBONITE MAP API is programmed to do so.
Forum allows only 4 images per post, so some are missing.
REFERENCE: I'M USING THE LATEST GITHUB "DEV" VERSION OF THESE CHOICES:
* Carbonite Maps
* Carbonite Warehouse
* Carbonite Quests
*** I am not using any other addons at all, except for the Auctioneer Addon.
POI's are missing on some areas
An issue with Carbonite Map: (Most recent DEV version) as of June 23rd, 2015)
I've noticed that there are several places in the game where the Carbonite map (both the larger and smaller views) do NOT display POI icons. Sometimes (like on Timeless Isle) it will show only a Flightmaster icon and nothing else. Yet, there are plenty of POI's to navigate to. Running around on a riding mount to hunt for them is frustrating but, it can be done. It would be easier to know where they are located without hunting for them blindly. This is not a major issue although it would help gaming as far as time and ease of use. Not complaining! Just an observation and a suggestion.
No one has dumped the POI's for timeless isle so there isn't any for it to know.
I think what kreelor means is that most POI's doesn't show on maps,
handynotes function worked until 6.2 going live
POI for flightpoints show only if you zoom in far in (minimap look on mainmap)(only tested on draenor so far)
I know some poi's are missing but most aren't shown
Before or after the changes for dungeon levels went in? I still see all of mine at every zoom level....
Ref: Timeless Isle
Hi good morning,
carbonite (with all modules installed)
loaded in this pictures,
all POI showing without farming (herbs, ore, trees not showing)
have to scale levels captured to show what is meant
with more zoom in
hope you can see what I mean , because of resizing for filesizelimits on wowinterface.com
on picture one you can only see blizz flighticon
on picture two both icons are visible
Handynotes Icons i cannot see
what I have found out changes in DraenorTresures
Date: 23.06.2015 21:38:47
Very strange, i'm running exactly the same setup... I can zoom out to world view and still see all the handy notes icons (albeit very tiny)
Can you try replacing astrolab in handynotes with this version? it's a custom one i'm using (originally from Zygor) to fix map problems, but I don't see why it should affect icons :) but just to make sure.
Had nothing to do with astrolabe, using yours now.
But found out why not functioning.
I had cleared all my Cache / Interface / wtf files.
So I had no notes stored and here comes the failure.
Without any notes the table has no headline only "?" just added a note with "Test" and then Handynotes come up
seen in Picture
Only think now scale for carb flightpoint to make it greater would be nice
Managed to added two icons to the Carbonite map on Timeless Isle. I modified the following .lua files to include the Zone for Pandaria/Timeless Isle. They are:
Added the following at the very bottom of the .lua file:
I added the following at the very bottom of the .lua file:
I know you said you were busy with more important things Rythal but, maybe someday you can give me a clue?
My thought was it could be possible that it is somehow sticked together,
but your right it is missing Data
the problem with stablemaster i cannot figure out for the moment but I will have a look if
I can add data about Inkeepers, mailbox etc.
From what I know data is missing up from Timeless Isle
will have a look next days
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 AM.|
vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2019 MMOUI