WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   About "oUF TsoHG" unitframes (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19512)

GOSYDELIX 11-26-08 07:54 AM

About "oUF TsoHG" unitframes

How do i change the place of the frames, size etc?
don't say via the .lua coz i got no idea how to do thoose stuff :|

Psoewish 11-26-08 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOSYDELIX (Post 110589)
How do i change the place of the frames, size etc?
don't say via the .lua coz i got no idea how to do thoose stuff :|

Via the .lua

It is the only way to edit oUF files, but don't worry it's actually really easy to edit, even without coding knowledge. Just have a look at the file.

shkm 11-26-08 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psoewish (Post 110591)
Via the .lua

It is the only way to edit oUF files, but don't worry it's actually really easy to edit, even without coding knowledge. Just have a look at the file.

I personally prefer .lua setup addons, but I disagree that oUF layouts are easy to edit without coding knowledge: if you're trying to do something remotely different from whatever is already provided (within comments or otherwise), chances are you simply won't be able to without asking someone else.

OP may be better suited with ag_UF or Pitbull.

Zyonin 11-26-08 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shkm (Post 110600)
I personally prefer .lua setup addons, but I disagree that oUF layouts are easy to edit without coding knowledge: if you're trying to do something remotely different from whatever is already provided (within comments or otherwise), chances are you simply won't be able to without asking someone else.

OP may be better suited with ag_UF or Pitbull.

This really depends on the layout's author. Some author's will place helpful comments in their layout to tell you what that particular chunk of code will do. Generally changing the position of an oUF frame is as simple as edit an XX, YY coordinated. Usually most layouts are "anchored" to the center of the screen and the XX, YY coords are the distance from the left or right (XX) and the top or bottom (YY) of the center. My tinkering with lua began in part with oUF (both Haste's "Lily" and p3lim's layouts) along with playing with things like oChat.

To the OP, first get yourself a good text editor. Notepad will not cut it as it can't display formatted text (and that is what lua is, a formatted text file). Instead get something like Notepad++. There are others that offer more advance syntax highlighting however Notepad++ is excellent for the beginner.

GOSYDELIX 11-26-08 04:49 PM

I've been messing around with the Lua since i had notepad++ and i've done great so far :) got everything in the place i want but there is one thing i'm wondering about, isn't there any "code" text to make the width bigger/smaller?

I can only see this :
Code:

if(unit == 'player') then

self.Health:SetHeight(25)
        self.Health.text:SetPoint('RIGHT' ,self.Health, -2, 6) 
        self.Name:SetPoint('LEFT', self.Health, 2, 6)
        self.Power:SetHeight(6)
        self.Power.text:Show()

Is it possible to add :

Code:

self.Health:Width(xx)
self.Power:Width(xx)

?

Psoewish 11-26-08 04:56 PM

A quick peek at the code tells me self.Health:SetWidth(n) should work, and I don't know a thing about LUA so if it works that's proof it's easy to modify these things. :)

GOSYDELIX 11-26-08 05:30 PM

Thanks for that :)