WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Low health screen edge flash? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33200)

jeffy162 06-15-10 06:49 PM

Low health screen edge flash?

I used to use X-Perl and it had the option to use a low health screen edge flash. I "got away" from X-Perl and am now using Pitbull4 which doesn't have that option. I'm looking for a way to get that back without having to go back to X-Perl. Sorry, can't help it. I've "died" too many times recently and want my "crutch" back. :o

mankeluvsit 06-15-10 06:59 PM

theres a DPS meter that does it.

i think its omen

SannaSK 06-15-10 10:54 PM

I'm reasonably sure omen doesn't do health... it does aggro screen flash (with options for stuff like shaking the screen, different noises, etc), but I'm not thinking it does health.

I have Mik's SBT and it has a Low Health beep in it. Peruse as desired.

mankeluvsit 06-15-10 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannaSK (Post 192365)
I'm reasonably sure omen doesn't do health... it does aggro screen flash (with options for stuff like shaking the screen, different noises, etc), but I'm not thinking it does health.

I have Mik's SBT and it has a Low Health beep in it. Peruse as desired.

i said i think, but its a dps meter.

jeffy162 06-15-10 11:11 PM

Quote:

theres a DPS meter that does it.

i think its omen
I have Omen, and that doesn't do it for health.

Quote:

I have Mik's SBT and it has a Low Health beep in it.
I use, and really like, Parrot and am simply not interested in changing. Besides, a "beep" is not as attention getting as a screen edge flash in my opinion.

Thanks, though, for the idea's. I'm hoping there's some way I can either code it into PB4, or there is an addon available that only does this one thing. Mostly, the addon, since I can't code worth crap. Please don't pay any attention to that <<----- "AddOn Author" thing under my avatar. If you ever looked at the "addons" I did, you'd see it's a sham, really. Sorry.

harrellj 06-16-10 11:57 PM

You should be able to do something like this with power auras, I do something similar for hero/BL. However, I can't get my chosen graphic to go to the edges of the screen while still being centered.

Wella 06-17-10 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mankeluvsit (Post 192366)
i said i think, but its a dps meter.

"Omen is a threat meter."
Quote:

Originally Posted by harrellj (Post 192595)
You should be able to do something like this with power auras, I do something similar for hero/BL. However, I can't get my chosen graphic to go to the edges of the screen while still being centered.

Power Auras (Classic) would indeed be my addon of choice for this particular purpose. I'm pretty sure it can do what you're asking for. You might want to make a custom texture, though, and you'd have to put it in the middle of the screen and make it huge - through the texture scaling in Power Auras - so that it goes off the edges of the screen. If you can't get it to be big enough, just bypass the limits in the Lua.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 192367)
Please don't pay any attention to that <<----- "AddOn Author" thing under my avatar. If you ever looked at the "addons" I did, you'd see it's a sham, really. Sorry.

I hear you, I'm quite ashamed of my button, too. wBind was a failure and I have stopped learning Lua. I think I might delete wBind just to get rid of the button. >.<

Zidomo 06-17-10 06:43 AM

Little known these days, but still works very well in WoW 3.3.3a using a fraction of the system resources (CPU) that PowerAurasClassic does: Low Health Warning. It can also optionally alert to low mana & low pet health.

Seerah 06-17-10 10:24 AM

THAT'S the addon I was looking for yesterday. :)

jeffy162 06-17-10 09:30 PM

Great! Looks a lot like what I was looking for. Hopefully, it'll work great, too. I'm curious about one thing, though. The textures are numbered 2,3,4 but no number 1. Could that be the Blizzard texture? Guess I'll find out.

Thanks everybody. I really do appreciate all your help.