WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pretty cold out here. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48773)

10leej 01-07-14 10:36 AM

Pretty cold out here.

My brother sent me this. I thought I was cold at -7

He lives in Michigan that's St. Joseph Lighthouse

Phanx 01-07-14 02:47 PM

I saw that picture on Reddit weeks ago.

Seerah 01-07-14 05:11 PM

The lighthouses on Lake Michigan do freeze more often than you think.

Seerah 01-07-14 05:16 PM

Here is a shot from this morning I just found in my Facebook feed. :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1648288&type=1

Phanx 01-07-14 06:01 PM

Why would any human being want to live in such a place? :(

Seerah 01-07-14 06:23 PM

It really is quite pretty. I miss living in MI. And you only get that on the Great Lakes (Michigan and Superior- don't remember about Huron). From the wind and the waves and the cold in the dead of winter.

10leej 01-07-14 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 289366)
It really is quite pretty. I miss living in MI. And you only get that on the Great Lakes (Michigan and Superior- don't remember about Huron). From the wind and the waves and the cold in the dead of winter.

It's about the same as Erie for Huron, you get some ice, just not that much.

Petrah 01-07-14 11:55 PM

I'm in the burbs just outside of Chicago, and it was 20 below the other night. I've never been in weather that cold before, nor have I ever seen this much snow. It's quite beautiful, and I don't mind it as long as it doesn't interfere with getting groceries and whatnot. Funny though because no sooner does the Home Owners Association guys get our driveway, sidewalks, and walkways shoveled off they get covered up again.

Hopefully this mess will be over with by the 25th. Going to fly out to meet my daughter down in Orlando to go to Universal Studios, then flying out to Knoxville to see Keith Urban again...we just saw him last month lol. One can never get enough of Keith Urban. /nods

10leej 01-08-14 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 289378)
One can never get enough of Keith Urban. /nods

Mmm there was a time when I went touring with a band, got tired of em pretty quick even though they were awesome guys.

Nimhfree 01-08-14 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 289378)
Going to fly out to meet my daughter down in Orlando to go to Universal Studios,

If you want to do the Harry Potter ride in the castle (and are not paying the extra fee to move up in line), I suggest you get to Universal early so you can get in when the gates open and make haste to the castle. Skip ButterBeer for later (if at all). It's a fun ride but not worth waiting two hours or more (which seems to happen quite often).

Petrah 01-09-14 05:01 AM

Thank you! I think that move up in the line thing comes complimentary with our stay at the hotel, but don't quote me on that. We will be hitting US early though, just in case. Thanks for the tip!!!

Gallyni 01-10-14 11:50 AM

It's finally starting to warm up here in Ohio. It's 36 today and the snow is starting to melt. Tomorrow, it is supposed to snow again which I don't mind, it's the frigid weather that really get's to me.

Duugu 01-10-14 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallyni (Post 289503)
It's finally starting to warm up here in Ohio. It's 36 today and the snow is starting to melt.

Oh noes. ;)
I've learned today that the reason for the currently warm weather in old europe is the 'artic cold' in north america. Sounds as I would have to prepare my winter clothes ... finaly. :/ Guess I can't complain. We had a warm december and nothing lasts forever. :)

Gallyni 01-10-14 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duugu (Post 289506)
Oh noes. ;)
I've learned today that the reason for the currently warm weather in old europe is the 'artic cold' in north america. Sounds as I would have to prepare my winter clothes ... finaly. :/ Guess I can't complain. We had a warm december and nothing lasts forever. :)

Get out your warm clothes out is right. Hope you don't have -11 or -6 or whatever it was we had. My furnace ran non-stop for 3 days.

10leej 01-10-14 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallyni (Post 289503)
It's finally starting to warm up here in Ohio. It's 36 today and the snow is starting to melt. Tomorrow, it is supposed to snow again which I don't mind, it's the frigid weather that really get's to me.

OMG they do exist! I'm in Columbus myself. But yeah it was cold my furnace actually burned out the blower fan cause it ran so much. Good thing it wasn't a long fix.