View Single Post
01-07-09, 07:43 AM   #17
Dyspeptic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Gotta say I never liked Squeenix no options to move all the stuff attached to the minimap like the quest tracker, capture bar etc. Dunno if this has been fixed it has been aboout a year since I last tried Sqeenix. Cant really say that i have tried any of the others in your list other than the 2 I originaly suggested though so cant comment on those.

Ultimately creating your own Ui is all about finding, using and customizing mods you like and arranging them in a way that is practical and aestheticaly pleasing to you. We can all reccomend mods to you from now untill the cows come home but how you set them up and use them is your choice.

Start simple. Bar mod, Unit Frames mod, threat meter (and maybe a damage meter if that floats your boat) and possibly a buff/debuff mod. Get those elements set up the way that works best for you then sit back and say "what else do I need?" if your answer is "nothing" then you are done if not then search for the next element you feel you need and tinker with that.
In my experience even after you have all the mods you need/want you are never truely finnished. I am happy with my UI, yet I am constanly tweaking it (small scale change, bars moved a hair to the right etc). It is a growth process the Ui you create will both reflect and affect your playstyle and as it affects the way you play you will want to adapt it. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...?t=105&page=42 take a look at the AirUI in this thread about how his UI has evolved over time.