View Single Post
04-15-09, 10:42 PM   #448
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We are blocking WM because we have to. I think this is the 3rd time I've said this.

We can not host the addon traffic they use alone. We dont have the hardware we arent that big of an addon site. So we couldnt turn it back on even if we wanted to. I personally would have liked to wait until a good solution for the community was found first.

Now that we are "hopefully" saving a little money instead of loosing we should be able to put that money twords development of our updater in private alpha atm. It will still take some time though, we aren't going to magically have it right away.

The difference with Hulu and Boxxee is that Boxxe didnt replace Hulu's ads with their own. Hulu has to block boxxee because of the local TV Stations crying. WM displays their own ads on the updater and takes the file from our download server. We get nothing but the bill. Why cant WM do it on their own dime?

WM was able to make a decent updater because they could invest all their resources into the app. We have to invest our resources into many other things that do with hosting the addons and supporting the authors.

Last edited by Dolby : 04-15-09 at 11:04 PM.