View Single Post
04-23-09, 06:10 PM   #790
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by petrakid View Post
I have an idea...

Perhaps it's time for us, the users, to get our heads together and develop a torrent-version of an addon manager. We could make it function a lot like wowmatrix, but instead of addons being hosted on a particular site and "stealing" someones precious bandwidth, addons could be hosted across the globe on and shared through a torrent or gnutela network.
I think Arrowmaster posted on the official forums about this idea. They (the team at wowace/curse) actually spoke with the designers of the torrent protocol. The designers of the torrent protocol told them it was a really bad idea for them to do so since a torrent is designed to share large files efficiently. Addons are too small for them to use the bandwidth effectively
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)