View Single Post
05-19-09, 05:21 PM   #33
whyzerman
A Defias Bandit
While I would "like" to see Carbonite support clients like the curse client or WoWMatrix, I completely understand the concerns the devs have regarding support. The addon they have built here is outstanding, and deserves donations. If I had the money for it, I would donate. If I knew anything about the WoW API, I would offer my services free of charge to help maintain this addon. Since I can't do either of these things, I can suffer through 1 manual update, and you should as well.

Those of you saying "I am switching to QuestHelper, this is BS!", good luck. I had multiple UI errors running QuestHelper, it used 10 times the amount of RAM Carbonite does, and it's interface was far from aesthetic. I replaced it with Carbonite and have not been disappointed yet. I will not whine, moan and complain that they want donations, or want us to update manually for taking time out of their game play to make ours easier, and shame on anyone who does.

So if you are going to switch to QuestHelper, by all means, do so. I can only assume that in a week or less you will be back to using Carbonite.

To the Carbonite Devs: Excellent mod, probably the best and most useful mod I have seen ingame. Kudos. I only request you add a comments view (something like Lightheaded) for either WoWHead or some other site that allows comments on quests. If I had that I wouldn't ever need another quest addon.