View Single Post
06-01-09, 09:11 AM   #1371
killer189
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by honem View Post
Well considering an addon is their copyrighted product and is such from the moment of creation .....

Yes they do care...

Would you as an addon author care if it was being distributed in an illegal and immoral manner ? Lets say if thugs were robbing people in the middle of the night and leaving a copy of YourAddonA on a disk behind with the victims ?

Possibly the best reasons why an Addon author cares about how it's being distributed is because of Support Issues. An author needs to know where a user has downloaded a particular version of an addon. The easiest way of doing this is limiting where a user downloads their addons from.
Would I care if the addon was helping people enchance thier gaming exp? No. Once again..the only reason this whole thing came into question was someone was doing for free what curse is doing for money. You dont think it cost WM any money?

To be quite honest I could care less who manages the addons...whether it be curse, WM, or WI. I just can't stand the holier then though art bullcrap thats spewing about. Again one place was doing it for free...people that wanted to make some money didnt like it...so this whole situation came about. Instead of just coming out and saying that...people have to beat around the bush and make it sound like something else entirely. Neither WM or Curse are as bad as either make each out to be.