View Single Post
07-17-09, 09:28 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dirk101 View Post
I'm using Windows XP SP2, with 4GB of RAM. Would Auctioneer need more than 4GB?
A reply from a CM on the official forum said that:

"As suggested the crashes are linked to your use of add-ons, one of them is out-of-date or is trying to access memory it is not allowed to."

Are any of the addons I use know for "trying to access memory it is not allowed to" issues? Other than that, as I've mentioned, I've been using these addons since last year. Only once have I installed new ones, Omen and MSBT, a couple of weeks ago, long before the crashes started happening. That said, the databases have always been fully used and filled with information, never reseted them.

To Silenia, I've already considered this option, but I lack the time needed to test every addon by itself. It would be a last resort though. I wish the crashes would at least be somewhat more frequent or consistent, to properly test this out. As it is, it would be tricky at best. I could try to at least find a series of actions that eventually lead to a crash to test out, like accessing the auctioneer frame continuously and see if it always crashes the game at some point. I forgot to mention that the crashes sometimes happen when right-clicking an auctioneer.

As a side note, I agree with your last point, though you'd have to be simple minded to buy ram just because it's been suggested. Besides, there are other options to try other than spending money to be able to use an addon.

That said, I appreciate your replies. If anyone else has suggestions to share, feel free to post.
You need to update to SP3. Reason being, if you were to take this to tech support they would tell you the same thing. They do not officially support systems that are not up to date with the latest SP's, patches, drivers, etcetera.

Without troubleshooting your addons one at a time via process of elimination, your last and only option is to replace your addons with other addons that do the same thing. Obviously one or more of your addons is causing issues for you, so you need to replace those addons if you want smoother game play. There's not really anything else you can do at this point.

I don't envy you... it's a pita what you're goin through.

Edit: Going back over your list of addons, I do highly recommend replacing Auctioneer. It's listed on tech support as being one of the trouble addons. Since I have personal experience with that one, I recommend AuctionMaster.

Last edited by Petrah : 07-17-09 at 09:35 AM.