Thread: Remix Ui
View Single Post
02-08-10, 04:40 PM   #12
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Amenity wanted me to post this (In no way am I stating that I am affiliated with Amenity's statement, basically, this is their opinion, not mine and I don't want to condone nor go against anyone, I AM NEUTRAL! )

Ok, apparently since that whole Bill Clinton thing people have difficulty understanding words like "is" and "no". So, let me clear this up once and for all in very plain language coming directly from the source.

One of the addon authors involved with REMIX determined that he no longer wanted his addon to be redistributed by me. Unfortunately this particular addon is one that in my opinion cannot be replaced and still maintain an acceptable level of quality for the UI (and it would require a TON of work). This author is completely within his rights to deny me the use of his work as he sees fit, and though I admit I'm not happy about the situation I respect his wishes and will uphold them down to the last byte of code.

As for the graphical items relating to REMIX, those are completely in my control and I am currently working on an arrangement to have my bar textures and panel graphics (including about 6 new ones I made for the massive revision I was working on) distributed through someone else's artwork collection. I will personally be releasing an archive of the original .PSD-format graphics once I've cleaned them up a bit (they still contain layers that have the old bar textures in them, which are Everlu's).

And finally, I don't care if people who previously downloaded my UI use it. You're "Grandfathered in", as they say. My problem is with the people who are currently "bootlegging" my UI against both my wishes and against an agreement I made with a 3rd party. My credibility and reputation are destroyed enough without you "helping", thank you very much.

Now pay attention. This is the LAST time I'm saying this:

I will not release this UI. Period. Not for anyone, not even the Pope. There is precisely one official copy of REMIX, and it's on an 8gb SD card on my desk. Good luck.
I will not release any configuration files for any of the addons used in the UI.
I will not accept gifts or money in exchange for any part of the UI, and any email containing the word "paypal" is hitting my Recycle Bin (6 so far...quit trying).
I will not tell you who the addon author is. If you want someone to blame, I'm right here.
Do NOT upload the UI anywhere for any reason, ever. At least have the guts to stab me in the front.

If you have anything else you want to say to me, say it to [email protected]. And lest I sound harsh, I do appreciate the few emails I've gotten from respectful people and I thank them for their kind words (and occasional critique).

Now for the love of God, can you shut the hell up about this?

-Ame
Now... This is Ame's quote, not mine. But I was nice enough to state this, as a last word for REMIX and I don't ... want to get in trouble for posting this I just wanted to do this for Ame out of respect to Remix to just clarify this Forum Post...

I will not direct anything more from Ame to here, if you have questions, please email Ame, listed in above quote!

Thank you! And have a great afternoon/evening

-Ferous

edit - I'm not Amenity... If. Someone thinks that lol. Correspondence through Emails. Nothing less nothing more

Last edited by Ferous : 02-08-10 at 04:42 PM. Reason: edit for clarification