View Single Post
09-11-10, 09:08 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by oimmuk View Post
I'm his Brother in law and we did this, it shows little squares where the nodes should be and if the mini-map distance is set right it shows the little icon for the node but as you get near the node it disappears and there is no blinking yellow dot on the mini-map. We have tried updating his video drivers but no luck there all other graphics work beautifully...<better than mine...I'm so jealous> but not this...on his XP machine everything works fine just the Vista...

We also have gone threw the process of making sure all settings are identical between the two machines but still this issue exists.
If the node graphic disapears as you get closer, there is no active node currently at that spot. Carbonite, like any gathering addon, can only know possible node locations. IE: Someone found a node at coordinates "X:right, Y:here". That location is then saved in a database for a future possibility of having an active node at that location. Any node location, whether ore, gas cloud, herb, or fish pools, is at a fixed location on the map. However, spawn (refresh?) rates for those locations are random. There is no set time for a node to re-spawn at a given location after it has been harvested. I'm not sure a node even stays active until harvested, but, judgeing by my personal experience I would have to say no. I've seen fish pools and ore points disapear as I came to them, so......

The "blinking yellow dot on the mini-map" indicates an active node at that location, and will only be shown on the default Blizzard minimap, and (usually) you have to be within 80 yards of the active node for it to apear on the map in that fashion. The only way to see it on the Carbonite minimized map is to have the maps merged.

Also, please see This Post about how to adjust the distance to your node before Carbonite redirects you to the next node. (Thanks Jigain.)

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-11-10 at 09:16 AM.