04-12-11, 12:06 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I. Age: 46

II. Gender: Female

III. Hours played in a week? : Roughly 25 hours give or take

IV. For how long do you play WoW? : Roughly 5 hours in the evening

V. Which factors are important for you in the game? You can choose more options: 1. Progress, 2. Power, 3. Competition, 4. Achievements 5. Provoke others, 6. Dominate others, 7. Socializing, making friends, 8. Helping others, 9. Deeper relationships, 10. Teamwork, collaboration, 11. Finding rare items, 12. Discovering the world, 13. Trade, 14. Story, 15. Role-playing, 16. Appearance of the character, 17. Relaxing, 18. Escaping from real world problems, 19. Other ( specify):
Progress, socializing, helping others, teamwork, collaboration, relaxing.

VI. Are you in a Guild? : Yes

VII. Do you prefer to play in solo or in a group, when the difficulty of the task does not require more players (questing, etc)? : A little of both.

VIII. How important is the communication for you in WoW ? Rate from 1 to 10: 10

IX. Rate the options of communication given by the game from 1 to 10: 10

X. For what purpose do you use the communication? Make an importance sequence by writing the number of the options in the answer: 1.Talking the strategy, collaboration 2. Calling for help, 3. Giving help, 4. Socializing, making friends, 5. Casual chat, 6. Developing deeper relationships, 7. Competition, 8. Expressing power and social state, 9. Destroying social state of others, 10. Provocation, 11. Trade, 12. Role-playing, 13. Other ( specify):
1, 3, 4, 5

XI. What is your opinion, how important is communication for making progress in the game? Rate from 1 to 10: 10

XII. When you was learning the game did you prefer to ask others for help or did you tried to figure it out by yourself ( using WoWHead and similar websites goes to the second option) ? : Tried to figure it out on my own via Google

XIII. How important is the communication for you to be successful in the game? Rate from 1 to 10: 10

XIV. Did the in game communication influence your real life (RL) communication? Rate it from 1 to 10 ( 10 if your RL communication got better (( better organization skill, cooperative skill, team working skill etc. )), 5 if it did not change your RL communication, 1 if your RL communication skill got weaker): 10

XV. Your opinion about in game communication (optional): My soul purpose for playing this game is to spend time with my boyfriend in the evenings. It's a long distance relationship (almost 5 years), and I feel that if we lived in the same city I would have no use for World of Warcraft or any other games really. I would definitely stay in touch with those people in game that I consider to be friends though.