View Single Post
03-01-12, 08:30 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Regardless of your experiences, wanting to look up a phone number for a company/institution, call them on the phone, and talk to a live person about a page on their website before you're willing to click on a link to that page seems like a very extreme position to take.
That's merely your opinion.

Do you really think that's a reasonable thing to suggest to the average WoW player?
Since it's dealing with Wow and considering we are always urged to use caution, that seems like a rather silly question but I'll answer it anyway. Absolutely.

What about the people running the website? Do you think they're equipped to handle the volume of phone calls that they would receive if everyone followed your advice?
It's a school. Schools have phones and the majority of them have websites. I would hope they are prepared for the phone to ring.

Anyway, how are you going to find the phone number to call without clicking on internet links?
I don't think I really need to give you a lesson on how to find a phone number.

Do you collect paper phone books from every city and county in the country? What about other countries? How do you get all these phone books? Should everyone dedicate a room in their house to collecting phone books so they can check out every link before they click on it?

Where does it all end?
I kind of had a feeling, and this last statement just verified, that regardless of what I say or what the topic of conversation is you will find something wrong with it and want to nitpick, be argumentative, and/or combative.

The way things are with security and Wow, I find absolutely nothing wrong with calling up a company to inquire about the validity of something on their website. We are consistently reminded that we should be safe when dealing with any website regarding Wow. Making a phone call because you wish to be safe isn't hurting anyone.