Thread: Action Bars?
View Single Post
06-01-12, 10:13 PM   #18
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Seerah, did you post in the wrong thread? There's nothing in this thread about addons charging money... if you were talking about the "you don't need a Razer mouse to use the addon" comment, I think that was referring to the addon's functionality, not its availability.

The Razer WoW mouse has special functionality that allows WoW to see its extra buttons as true mouse buttons, while other mice with lots of extra buttons have to make do with mapping those buttons to keys (eg. instead of Button12, WoW receives "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Backspace" or some other binding you assign that you're unlikely to ever use from your keyboard). If the addon only works with "Button12" or has click-specific features that cannot be replicated with keybindings (eg. click-casting templates) then it will only work with the Razer WoW mouse, but you can still download it and install it if you want... it just won't do anything.

(For those who don't know, Windows only recognizes up to 5 buttons as real mouse buttons. Anything after that has to be mapped in the hardware's driver to a keyboard key or key combination. Blizzard and Razer teamed up for the official WoW-branded mouse to allow WoW to treat the extra buttons as actual buttons, but this only works for the official WoW mouse. If you buy another mouse with more than 5 buttons, even if it's a Razer brand mouse, WoW will only let you use the 6th+ buttons as keys, not as mouse buttons.)