View Single Post
09-02-12, 12:00 PM   #1
Rainrider
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The new ClassIcons element

Haste merged combo points, shadow orbs, holy power, chi orbs and soul shards (covers only affliction warlocks for now) on the master oUF branch on GitHub.

I have some questions about it:

Can we display combo points on the target frame and class power on the player frame and not mix them? An "issue" I have with this is switching from cat to moonkin as I then have both the eclipse bar and the combo points shown on the same frame and have to account for the extra space.

How do I proceed if I need to change the width of the class power "icons" in response to changes of max power? If I get it right, I can do this either on Pre or PostUpdate. PreUpdate is not a good go for this I believe as I would resize widgets before oUF updates their visibility. In PostUpdate I either do it every time or add another field to the ClassIcons array just as ClassIcons.__max and use it to find out if a resize is needed. Wouldn't it be better is oUF tells PostUpdate whether maxPower changed?

What is the idea behind element[i]:SetDesaturated(desaturated)?

I also find the name somewhat misleading. Why not call it ClassPower or something more descriptive that it is about class resources?

Last edited by Rainrider : 09-02-12 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Apparently the new element does not display class power on the target frame even if the element is enabled on it