Thread: Shag's coolDown
View Single Post
08-22-06, 07:00 AM   #48
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Shag
Please tell me why you feel the urge to change the color every other day. If you have a strong reason for that, I may change my mind and write a configuration UI.
It was late last night and I appologize for being so harsh.

It is not about an urge to change the colors every day. Consider this. I have probably 50 addons, 3/4 of which Blizzard probably should have included with the game. Every time I have to reconfigure any one of those 50 addons (could be a format of the PC, a new character where the settings are not global, a screen resolution change, or even something as simple as moving one around), I shouldn't have to look the addon up in one of three different sites to figure out what to type in the console.

"/sct", as an example, is one I've had no trouble remembering in the past. It comes up with a nice, flexible UI, for configuring all the options. I was testing a different addon the other day with a simple interface, and I tried a bazillion combinations when finally, "/error_redirect options" worked. Since most of my time is spend raiding, there is a difficult pull around every corner. I can't be looking on the websites and trying all sorts of commands to customize things.

That's the long answer.