View Single Post
11-25-13, 08:33 PM   #24
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
... you adjust the slider you must click Accept or OK for it to take effect. There is no way to see the effect as you move the slider. ... Some unit frame AddOns, along with some full UI replacements do, however, have this feature. Would they be hooking OnUpdate or some animation script? That seems costly on the CPU.
They would be using either an OnValueChanged script set on the slider itself -- which, yes, would be extremely slow to rescale every single thing in the UI potentially thousands of times per second while the user is dragging the slider -- or an OnMouseUp script set on the slider -- which would only apply the value once the user released the slider.

Clicking the "apply" button in the default UI doesn't really require any effort, and all the other system settings require you to click "apply" (or "okay" which is the same as "apply" plus "close") so there's not really any reason Blizzard would make the UI scale apply immediately.

Originally Posted by Uitat View Post
i want to nest this options panel into the code above, im bout at my wits end
Sorry, you're going to have to be more clear about what you want, and/or post more of your code. Based on the snippets you posted, it appears you want to insert a bunch of option widgets into a button, which doesn't make any sense. Presumably there is some other frame that contains the button, and you want to show the other stuff when you click the button, but without seeing the code, that's about all I can come up with.