Thread: addons error
View Single Post
12-29-13, 09:54 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maul abandoned Ion before he even finished writing it. It's been on life support since day one. I loved Macaroon, but when Cataclysm came out and the ill-fated decision was made to write Ion instead of simply update Macaroon, I had to find a new action bar addon. I suggest you do the same.

I use Bartender4; it does almost everything I used Macaroon for. You can specify your own paging and visibility conditions. The main "problem" is that you can't set macros directly on the buttons, but I found I can easily live without that feature. You can almost certainly cut down your macro usage to fit in the space Blizzard gives you, and unless you have a weird "artistic" setup, I can't see the "10 bars, 12 buttons per bar" limit being a real problem either. This is probably why nobody has stepped up to take over Ion, or write a similar addon; it's a huge amount of work, and not really worth it when you can just use another bar addon + the Blizzard macro system.

Dominos is another option, and I know lots of people love it, but I found the configuration annoying and unintuitive, and there was (at the time; I don't know if there is now) no way to write your own paging and visibility conditions using macro conditionals. Feel free to give it a try, though.