View Single Post
10-28-14, 12:24 PM   #4
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
There's a texture:SetMask(texturePath) function, but I've never managed to get it to work with a custom mask.
Ah. Hey. Thanks.

You're right, it is strange. The only way I could produce visible results was with "Atlas" textures instead of "file" textures. And even they are ... totaly distorted crap.

The client states:
usage: SetMask("maskName")
Whatever maskName is, it seems to be different from a simple texture/texture path.

[e] On the other hand ... they are using it like
Lua Code:
  1. self.info.instanceButton.icon:SetMask("Interface\\CharacterFrame\\TempPortraitAlphaMask");
on
Lua Code:
  1. <Texture name="$parentHeroicIcon" file="Interface\EncounterJournal\UI-EJ-HeroicTextIcon" parentKey="heroicIcon" hidden="true">
  2.     <Anchors>
  3.         <Anchor point="BOTTOMRIGHT" x="-7" y="7"/>
  4.     </Anchors>
  5. </Texture>
Weird. TempPortraitAlphaMask could be a special kind of blp. Using an other alpha_depth or alpha_type or mipmaps than the usual blps.

Unfortunatly the clients says also
SetTexCoord(ULx, ULy, LLx, LLy, URx, URy, LRx, LRy)....Cannot set tex coords when texture has mask
Whatever, I need to set the coords for my triangle 'mask' dynamically. So, I don't see a way to use it at all.

Originally Posted by zork View Post
The other is for minimap objects only. (You could add a shape).
Are you speaking of http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge...SetMaskTexture ?
Hm. I could build my texture out of a lot of minimaps. Hm. Sounds strange. I'll dig deeper into that. Thanks.

Last edited by Duugu : 10-28-14 at 12:44 PM.