View Single Post
06-21-05, 01:35 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Section 9: "Other Miscellaneous Info"
(Where are my settings saved? How do I fix a layout problem? How do I move my Chat windows? Not enough memory?)

Q I want to copy my settings over from one account/computer to another. What is saved where?

A ../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/macros-cache.txt
and
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/macros-local.txt

is where all your macros are saved

../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/savedvariables.lua

mods like Map Notes, Gatherer, Auctioneer, LootLink, etc, anything that saves data, save their data to this file

../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Character Name>/layout-cache.txt

is where the physical layout of all of the visible UI elements is saved

../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Character Name>/chat-cache.txt

is where your chat settings are saved

../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/bindings-cache.wtf

is where your key bindings are saved

Q My UI is all messed up. My bag slots don't line up properly with the bag themselves, how do I fix it? I dragged X thing off the screen, how do I get it back?

A Go to your:

../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Character Name>

folder and delete your:

layout-cache.txt

file. That will reset all visible UI elements to the default Blizzard locations. A bit of a pain, as you'll have to set your layout back up the way you want, but at least problem X will be fixed.

Q I messed up my chat settings, I can't see X messages any more, my channels are all messed up. How do I fix it?

A Go to your:

../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Character Name>

folder. Delete the:

chat-cache.txt

file. That will reset all chat windows, channels & chat options to the default Blizzard setup. You'll have to re-do any changes you made to layout and channels that you want to keep.

Q How do I make it so I can see both my chat and my combat window at the same time? How do I make a new chat window?

A Go to the main in-game menu (esc or the little computer icon). Go to Interface Options. Make sure "Lock Chat Settings" is turned off. Make sure "Simple Chat" is turned off. Go back to the main game window. Hover your mouse over your chat window. A tab will appear at the top of your window. Right click on it. At the top, choose "Unlock". Move it to the location you want it by dragging on the tab. Resize it to the size you want by dragging on the edges of the chat window. Re-lock when you get it to the location and size you want.

Q I'm getting an error message saying my AddOns are using more than 32 mg memory and it dumps me out of game. How do I fix it?

A Log in as far as your character select screen. Use the AddOns button in the lower left hand corner to bring up the list. There is a spot in the top right hand corner to allocate UI memory. Try setting it to 64. If it still isn't enough (unlikely, but possible), set it to 0 (zero), that means "unlimited" (but it will still only use what it needs, it won't suck up all your computer's memory).

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-03-05 at 08:49 PM.