Thread: For Mac Users
View Single Post
11-30-07, 06:21 AM   #5
Geck
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Woot!

"rsync -va " worked perfectly. I used this and the thread "Help for ALL of your mazzle needs!" by Detard as a recent walkthrough of patch order.

Started with 1.11, did the BC patch by hand as it is only two .lua deep, Then Detard 3.5 and then 4.

I definitely renamed my WTF folder and I did all of the rsync commands on the desktop and moved the final compilation into my WoW Interface folder.

BTW for those not savvy with Terminal, you can type "rsync -va " (note the space before and after -va) into terminal then drag the Patch AddOns folder into the terminal window and then immediately drag the To-Be-Patched AddOns folder into terminal. Terminal understands this and writes the location lines for you. Slick. Strike the enter key and your on to the next step. I ended up with the proper number of folders and it seemed a reasonable size. (77 mb?) Process took a while to get the hang of and I did a bunch of testing with the order of the folders in the Terminal command, but now that I am comfortable with it I could do the entire process in a couple of minutes.

Mazzifier worked perfectly, button showed, and I did the scream and prayer. Woot. Was able to mazzify all of my toons which includes one of each class. Only slightly misplaced bar with food and such (autobar?), and other initial setup routines.
With no bugs in the bugs in the bug sack I feel this qualifies as a solid success.

Thank you Mazzlefizz, Detard, and writer648 (not to mention all those whose shoulders were soundly stood upon.)

And thank you to everyone else who took the time to read this late night post replete with poor grammar and organization.

Cheers

~Geck