View Single Post
03-07-08, 02:49 AM   #10
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Grid is the name of a mod, its a compact set of raid frames. As I am playing a rogue, I do not require a lot of raid detail thus the minimal raid frames. I have tweaked it so the frames are fairly small. I have to work within the constraints of a screen that maxes out at 1024x768 (its an old LCD)

Regarding errors: what kind of errors? Is WoW throwing an error or is it Windows? I normally unpack zip files with a program like 7Zip into a temporary folder (usually my Desktop), open the folder up to make sure I don't have "folder within a folder" syndrome and I also check for any "funny" files that can hide Trojans, keyloggers and other nasties. Your folder structure should look this:

\Interface\AddOns\
AddOn1
- AddOn.toc
- AddOn.lua
AddOn2
- AddOn.toc
- AddOn.lua

If it looks like this:

\Interface\AddOns\
AddOn1
- AddOn
-- AddOn.toc
-- AddOn.lua
AddOn2
-AddOn2
-- AddOn.toc
-- AddOn.lua

or like this:

\Interface\AddOns\
AddOn1sr135456
- AddOn1
-- AddOn.toc
-- AddOn.lua
AddO2nrew3243
-AddOn2
-- AddOn.toc
-- AddOn.lua

Then you got folder in folder syndrome. You will need to move the actual AddOn folder out of the "container" folder.

Regarding my setup, it involved a degree of tinkering and some code changes, custom textures (backgrounds/borders) and time. The chat box is modded by my personal mod of oChat (itself a mod of idChat). The Minimap is modded and moved by a mod called Chinchilla. The UnitFrames are a custom Pitbull layout. The portraits are produced by ZuxanaModelCitizen (known as ZMobDB Advanced on this site. Chat/portrait/actionbar backgrounds are panels created by eePanels2 with custom borders from TapestryUI (I just grabbed the files from that UI pack and used em in mine). Tooltip borders are a mod of the standard Blizzard tooltip. Buttom borders are modded with cyCircled using my own version of a border again swiped from TapestryUI. Other mod used are the SL series of mods (SLCore, SLClock, SLMoney, SLGuildList, etc), fonts are either from SharedMedia (the font itself is from Caith's UI) or modded using a Fonts folder override.