View Single Post
06-23-08, 06:02 AM   #1
Badious
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Account Banishment?

So I was playing WoW Last night, and went to bed, all fine and dandy...always play on my same PCs either at home(3 PCs at Home actually) or at work. I come into work this morning and all of sudden have a blizzard notice saying they investigated my account and it appears that it was being played by someone else? Now that seems a bit odd...went to bed at around 11pm CST got the email from Blizzard less than an hour later(11:59 to be exact)....I have been on my account a lot lately as I haven't had to work due to the flooding (free vacation, yeah!)..do you think this is why? Because I actually managed to play more than usual and actually level my 66(might have been 67 before this last week) Mage to 69 in the last week? I mean it's only three levels max hardly power leveling for a weeks worth of play and I have switched to my Warlock and played him also, so it's not like I've been grinding out gold or anything (I only have a little over 1kG on each toon)

Just seems quite odd that within an hour of logging off they banned my account, so of course now I'm stuck in limbo waiting to hear from them, cant post to customer support on their forum cause my account is locked...can't talk to anyone there because they don't have a phone number for Account Administration...so yeah..in any case, any clues or suggestions as to why they for no reason that I can tell banned my account? I have never let anyone play my account, I know I have no viruses or keyloggers...I don't even type my password in for the game I have a text file I just cut and past from that is a randomly generated password..so yeah..pretty hard to keylog Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V...I run up to date Symantec AV on all my machines so no viruses there....Ugh...kind of upsetting really when I am into work early when I am not supposed to be and was looking forward to getting a few quests done before 8 this morning...grrr....

Well I guess if somehow for some reason it was compromised after I went to bed last night, thanks blizzard for saving my mains Epics, maybe..I would be sad if I came in to work and found a naked Warlock stripped of all of his epic lootz

Thanks for listening to my rant...I know I know...wall of text crits you for 99999...thanks again.

Badious