View Single Post
07-20-14, 01:45 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Just update the addons. There is no apparent modification to them by the UI author, so that should be all you'll have to do.
O rly?

You can use the Curse client to manually update your addons. This will however horribly break the appearance of some addons, for example Grid, TidyPlates: TreathPlates and CastBars won't look too great anymore.
But I guess nameplates that don't look quite like the screenshots are better than no nameplates at all, so since the UI compiler has quit WoW, updating the addons individually is probably your only option if you want to keep using this UI.

I'd recommend installing the Curse Client to check for and install updates automatically for you, or you can add all the addons to your WoWI favorites list and turn on email notifications for updates to your favorites.

In theory Curse also has an email-notifying favorites system, but it's horribly designed, and the last time I tried to help someone set it up, it took me 15 minutes just to find the option to turn on email notifications for it since the options on Curse are split up across 20 pages on 5 different websites, so I would only recommend it to my worst enemy.