View Single Post
08-01-12, 04:38 PM   #46
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alright here's that UI update I promised. Technically there's still 40 minutes to go before I'd miss the promised 'tomorrow', so for once I'm on time.

So first off, I did a slight bit of reskinning. You might be wondering why, but the main reason is the old transparent frame looked like complete garbage with the 'minor' layout changes.

I moved the sidebar from the right to the left, and rearranged/repurposed it in places. It's now mostly used for navigational purposes and listing tasks at the bottom of the frame. The text is right-aligned because the other alignments looked bad. Icons being left aligned however is intentional.

The display grid remains in place, because it's much easier to associate what a display is/what it activates by simply by looking at it and saying "I see that when I have 9000 holy power".

Entering the display editor, you'll see the preview remains intact (and is a bit more consistent in where it shows up overall now).

You'll note a couple of odd changes, namely the navigation list including "Timer", "Stacks" and "Timer Bar". As I've pointed out in a few posts, I'm going to ensure there's an easy way of linking a timer/whatever to an existing display and just having it work.

The functionality is currently not in place, but you'll be limited to a single timer/stacks/whatever (I need a uniform name for these) per display, similar to 4.x. It's also likely that these display won't show up in the display grid, but I'm not sure on that yet. Either way, to switch between the displays you'll just click the items on the left.

You'll also note I've included export/copy once or twice now, they're still NYI but I'll see if I can get them working for the next release.

The main window on the right still remains relatively unchanged, this is probably temporary, but major changes to it are low on the priority list. I'm going to prune the visible options where possible too.

Entering a category, you'll see the navigation bar change again to give you quick access to other categories on the immediate level. Currently this is set up so that it'll default to the level below the current display regardless of how deep you are.

If that made no sense, then what I meant is you'll see "Style", "Activation", etc. regardless of how deep you are (say, in an animation channel). This could change over time. This should fix most of the issues with the editor requiring too much navigation, since you can just click a category to go to it without needing to travel upwards.

The tasks list in that screenshot is bugged and should be empty, but it's an early preview. What do you expect?

As for other missing things, the help plates ("i" buttons) are being relocated. Most of the categories are not shown right now because I need to ensure general stability before re-enabling them all.

Feedback welcome as always