View Single Post
02-20-09, 10:07 PM   #479
Torqi
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Lost Dps

When Bongos 3 went away, I looked at Dominoes and quickly realized it was actually a downgrade to a stripped down version of Bongos 2. That was unacceptable. I looked at Bartender and a couple other mods to replace it since returning to the Blizz interface was simply unacceptable after being spoiled by Bongos. Macaroon seemed to have the most promise of the bunch. And as I progressed up the learning curve, I saw so many things that I don't know how I ever lived with JUST the features in Bongos. In short, Macaroon is so good, that I was willing to avoid any *pet* or *possess* situations for months until I managed a solution.

BUT NOW...

After doing everything else I could think of to raise my DPS, including: gearing up, gemming up, and enchanting up using be.imba.hu as a guide, reading up on my spec, and respeccing 5 times to tweak it, reglyphing, AND reading up on and discussing spell rotations with other people with the same spec - I was able to come up from 1200 to 1600 dps. And I beat my head against the wall because people with similar specs who were less geared, less gemmed, and less enchanted than i was were doing 2400 dps in the same circumstances!

Being a computer geek, troubleshooting is my strong point. I started looking at all my settings, and mods... To save some time describing the process of elimination, I'll just say I was able to absolutely rule it down to Macaroon causing my problem. I have been able to show on 3 different computers that with nearly any number of mods and with reasonable hardware settings I can consistently do 2500-2800 dps (with my consistent test configuration), but as soon as i turn on macaroon, even if it is the only mod running (other than Recount), I immediately drop to a consistent 1500-1600 dps.

I have done a few searches for this in forums and on Google, and have found nobody else complaining about this problem. But I can't see anything I am missing, considering how many weeks I have been troubleshooting this. I do have around 200 buttons configured, But I even ruled that out by deleting all but a couple bars and removing all but the core mod, and the Spell and Cast Bar Macaroon xtras... It still does it on a dual core with an ATi 3100 and 4 gigs ram with the lowest hardware settings... looking into the floor... on a target dummy... in Exodar. System Lag is not the issue.

I'd hate to start over with another action button mod, and frankly I don't think I will find anything else to compare to Macaroon in functionality... but losing 1000-1200 dps is keeping me from raiding with the big boys.

Any ideas?

-Torqi of Alleria