Thread: Exalted by 40
View Single Post
03-09-08, 02:08 AM   #4
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
I just rolled a new undead rogue, and instead of the skelton horse I wanted to get a raptor. I've been looking on wiki's and other forums for a couple of days now, but I can't find the one thing I'm looking for:

How many stacks of mageweave would I need to turn in to get to exalted status with the darkspear trolls?

Thanks for any help.
Don't turn in mageweave for rep. That's a major waste of a resource that would otherwise bring you lots of gold in the AH. All of my toons created since BC's release are exalted with all factions usually by their low to mid 30's. The simple way to do it? Do every quest everywhere, no matter how mundane or trivial the exp gain may be. Along with BC, they finally fixed the rep gains so you continue to get the full rep gain no matter how long the quest has been gray to you.

Another thing about rep gains - once you've completed a faction to exalted (let's say Orgrimmar), if you continue doing Orgrimmar faction quests, the rep gains go into other factions. For instance, if you are lagging behind in Thunder Bluff rep, your Org quests might add to Thunder Bluff rep, etc. Many quests add generic "horde" rep gains as well. While I have no precise way of knowing how this is calculated, I can personally confirm it works on both Alliance and Horde. The point being, do not stop doing one particular faction's quests simply because you get to exalted. The rep gain will go into other friendly factions. It's quite nice really. I usually get all racial mounts on all my 70's. Since BC has come out, I can even do this at level 40.

Good luck and don't waste cloth like that! It simply is not necessary since BC to do that. I do all the cloth quests once to get the initial experience from them, but I never EVER make use of the repeatable turn-ins. This may sound like a lot of questing, but you'll always be a bit over level for the quests, making it go much faster than doing it on-level.

Take a look at my orc warrior and night elf druidin my signature. Their reputation is a result of simple questing. I created both of them a month or two after BC's release and he was easily exalted with everyone very early on as I have described here. My blood elf paladin was not leveled the same way. I've generally instanced his way up as he's pretty much always been protection spec and I've leveled with my girlfriend (holy priest).

Happy Questing

Last edited by Republic : 03-09-08 at 02:25 AM.