View Single Post
02-08-11, 04:49 PM   #34
Beliablue
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Similar to what Chaos suggested, I run both updaters and just ignore the things in one that I want to update in the other. I don't have a problem occasionally having to go look up version numbers to make sure that I'm getting what I think I should be. I've done rev management before, for code, design work, and documentation; it's a whole lot harder to keep it all straight than it looks when you have multiple people wanting to do it "their way", even if you do put out guidelines for it.

The one place that I feel that the Curse Client has a leg-up on Minion is in terms of supporting multiple WoW installs. The Curse Client allows me to just change tabs and I can update my second install; with Minion I have to go into the options and change the directory path and hope that it refreshes correctly (sometimes I've had it "stick" on the first install and have to close and re-open the program to get it to refresh to the second install). While this isn't enough to keep me from using Minion, some other way of handling that might be a solid addition to the program.