View Single Post
08-28-08, 11:59 AM   #36
VagrantEsha
Token Werewolf Fan

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ooh, this is a fun thread.

When I first started playing Warcraft, I decided that I wanted to be a good guy. I didn't make assumptions and jump on the Alliance bandwagon, I actually researched the lore. And of all the races, the most placid, kind-hearted, good natured, and just generally the most we-give-a-damn race were the Tauren. Tauren have the Druid class too, and that suited me down to the ground because I'm a therian. I've played a number of Tauren Druids, and the only real variation I suppose was the patch-number of the game, and the gender of the Tauren.

Recently though, I've broken under pressure. There's just this attitude problem with the Horde that rubs me the wrong way, too many of them want to be the leetest, or whatever the word for that is today, there're so many loners and not very many people who believe in cammeraderie and co-operation. As much as I loved the Tauren, I found this an inhospitable atmosphere. It just seemed like many people picked Horde races because of the "Oh look, monsters! Rarr! I'm a monster! I'm going to smash your face into the ground! Monsters are jerks, right?" mentality. And this mentality was applied to the Tauren by many players who hadn't bothered to examine the lore at all. And that's a damn shame.

Because of this, these days I play a Night Elf. I can't say I like the race, the lore is very unappealing to me, but I am a Druid! So I spend most my time wandering around in Moonkin, Cat, or Travel form. The Alliance has all the cammeraderie I was looking for, but many days I find myself missing the Tauuren. If only things were reversed. :<