View Single Post
01-01-15, 10:47 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That works too, but your last attempt didn't work because you were using some awful table-creating Frankenstein instead of the code I posted.

(1) When you use HookScript you should not manually capture and call the original script -- if you do that, it will be called twice, once before your script, and once from inside your script. If the original method toggles something, then calling it twice is like not calling it at all.

(2) You were looping over a list of string values and trying to call frame methods on them. This would generate a Lua error telling you exactly what and where the problem was. I know I've told you before -- go get an error display addon and use it!

(3) Even if you fixed #2, you'd still be attempting to show every tooltip object at the same time, which doesn't even make sense, because...

(4) You'd also be calling methods like SetOwner and SetHyperlink on objects that do not have those methods. Battle pet and garrison related tooltips are not GameTooltip-type objects, and cannot display arbitrary hyperlinks.