View Single Post
08-25-09, 02:39 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Friday

BlizzCon! BlizzCon BlizzCon BlizzCon!!! Wooohoooo! Slept in a bit since I already had my entrance pass and the Opening Ceremonies weren't until 11:30am. Got to the convention center probably somewhere around 10:45, found where a large crew of the UI folks had seats together and settled in to watch the ceremonies. You all know the big announcement that came out of the Opening Ceremonies, so I won't bother going over what has already been discussed in more depth elsewhere. Suffice to say there was a lot of cheering and clapping, as always.

After the Opening Ceremonies most of us (the UI folks) just stayed in our seats and listened to the World of Warcraft Cataclysm Panel. Lots of fun stuff coming. Again, reported on much better by the focused "news" sites, so I won't repeat what you've already read.

After the Cataclysm Panel, I wandered down the street to grab some lunch, then back to the convention center to wander around a bit looking at the various booths that were set up, waiting for the panel with The Guild. It was hilarious, as one would expect. I'm sure a lot of you have seen the youtube clip of one particular snippet from the panel. *snicker* Poor Felicia.

Some more wandering around talking to people, just enjoying the energy in the convention then back to the main hall for the contests. I swear, Jay Mohr is getting better every single year he hosts these contests. Was lots of fun. The contests did seem to kinda go on forever this year though. After the contests a slew of us headed down toward the Garden Walk and Disney area, trying to figure out where we wanted to get some food. Snarfed down some calories (omnomnomnom) then back to the hotels where some of us had a couple drinks in one of the bars before heading off for sleep.

Saturday

Got up a bit earlier than yesterday. As strange as it may sound, I didn't actually get to sit in on a single panel today! I spent the entire day coordinating people that were trying to find each other, running from one hall to another, up to the press room, back down to the main floor, networking, making connections, renewing acquaintances and generally schmoozing. Aka, a normal day for me at the 'con.

I know I grabbed lunch in there at some point, not even sure what it was though. I think maybe it was a sub sandwich? Heh, obviously wasn't anything memorable though.

The highlight, of course, was the concert at the end of the day (at least it was for me). First we were treated to TAFKAL70ETC, then Ozzy! *screams* I had SO much fun at the concert. Hehehe, one of the security guards came and told me to get down off my chair that I was dancing on. I did …. for a bit. *dws* I couldn't hear for quite some time after the concert and I definitely couldn't talk. I screamed my throat raw. I was so partying hard. I've no doubt that there are pictures out there somewhere of me dancing throughout the concert. I am actually rather surprised they haven't surfaced already. *grin*

After the concert, everyone kinda scattered. Had to get some more hugs from and say g'bye to people that weren't going to be able to stay to go to Disney with us on Sunday though, which was sad. I finally found some folks though and we ended up having an impromptu party up in Dolby's hotelroom. Ordered in pizza, someone brought some booze, Dolby hooked up Rock Band to the flat screen in his room, I grabbed a couple bags of chips and poof, instant party, just add people. Much fun was had by all. Eventually though, the night had to come to an end (hotel staff were going around breaking up all the parties! Boo! *grin*). Off for sleep.

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-03-09 at 09:12 PM.