View Single Post
10-13-10, 10:02 AM   #41
Celleana
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Disclaimer: If you've had issues with my straight forwarded bluntness, stop reading here.

Oh my god I've never seen a larger group of crybabies in my life. Not even on the official forums. If you are going to quit if Carbonite isn't updated then good riddance. You are most likely the same lot that are whining about CC being an important factor again and still wiping their tears about HC no longer being 10min aoe farmfests. In the end it's the same complaint:

"Omg I actually have to forth some EFFORT to play?"

It's been said before and I'll reiterate it; If a single addon makes or breaks the game for you, then you play for the wrong reasons. God forbid people actually READ quest text for info instead of skipping it and waiting to follow an arrow like a lemming.

There are PLENTY of addons that can replace Carbonite's functions. If you're not even going to try and look, that's your own damned fault.
totally agree

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
There are PLENTY of addons that can replace Carbonite's functions. If you're not even going to try and look, that's your own damned fault.
too bad for the silver plate, but all nice things must come to an end

Originally Posted by neilh View Post
I see lots of people say please Carbonite keep it going, it is the best Addon I have Used, can't play WOW without it, well I agree with all those thoughts to me it is one of the best helpfull Addons for WOW. I have just made my donation to them, if you love it so much then make Donations to keep it going help the people that put in many hours of work to help make the questing and playing so much easier.
COME ON MAKE YOUR DONATIONS
of course an issue like this one will not stay idle for too long, someone will take over for sure, if dev does not do it by itself afterall... just need some time...

in my opinion, developpement have abbandonned that project, and there will be no V4.0.1, and asking for it would be asking for a favor.

that being said.

you do not get favors by yelling, complaining, or spitting to anyone's face.

so donnate now for having the possibility to use the best add on around for free, for quite a while without being asked nothng in return. that would be a warm thanks to the developpers in my opinion. and perhaps then, they will decide not to let the project die

donnate again once you get that damn carbonite v4.0.1 to prove them that was the right decision...

The worst thing Blizzard could do was remove the ability to subscribe or purchase addons like this one.
Bit by bit Blizzard is achieving what it intended to: putting the add-on developers out of business and leaving us high and dry. It's their way or the highway. They now have 12 million players, and frankly, they could give a damn about us old farts.

They've killed Questhelper, seems they've made Carbonite's life difficult and there really isn't anything else out there worth downloading..
don't you start to get it??

Welcome

This is the home of CARBONITEŽ, a multi feature addon developed by game industry veterans to improve and enhance the game playing experience of World of Warcraft. Our mission is to provide the most feature rich and reliable addon in the WOW universe.

Version 3.34 is now available (June 25)
Works on English, German, French and Spanish clients. UI is mostly in English.
Supports WotLK expansion and patch 3.35..

i bet industry veteran will understand better the sound of money than the sound of complaint.

ask yourself... what are you ready to do to get this add on?
if the answer is something close to WHINING... GTFO