View Single Post
10-13-10, 01:20 PM   #55
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Ok, please don't use me as an example if this is the direction you are gonna take it. It's one thing to tell as it is, it's another to be plain out rude and disrespectful. Completely uncalled for dear sir.
Quite right Mr Chaos, if I was angry in my post it was at this idiot, not you.

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
You're welcome? I never claimed people would get the same performance using other addons. You seem to misunderstand the difference between "functionality" and "performance".

I was planning to start a replacement thread tonight when I got home, but seems someone beat me to it. I will still post later, but it's kinda hard to do that now while I'm at work doing this on my phone during breaks. In the meantime, perhaps you could find a good therapy group for your anger management problems, especially the part where it's quite misdirected.
I don't think I was being angry with you, I was just making a very valid point, just maybe a little sarcastically. I do understand the difference between functionality and performance, both happen to be important to me using as I do a graphically underpowered laptop to play on. Frankly having played scores of RPG's since the MUDS of the late 70's, I find tracking quests subsequent to my 2nd/3rd toon extremely tedious and Carb eases that tedium greatly (don't get me started on farming profession mats). And, if you can think of another addon that provides a quest database like Carb I'd be very surprised

Other than that, you do make a valid point, people should stop whinging 5 minutes after a massive WoW update and give the Carb devs a chance to update, which given the massive popularity of their addon, I'm sure they will.

PS. If anyone wants to whine about something much more important....what about the god-awful mess Blizz has made of the talenting system!?!? I've specifically leveled a lock to 36 with just the necessary Affliction talents to make PvE a dream, and enough Destruction to make instances a blast.....and now I have had to make a difficult choice...A or D? I do both PvE and instances so ......

Last edited by TrotskyIcepick : 10-13-10 at 01:24 PM.