View Single Post
10-13-10, 02:17 PM   #59
sys3175
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by cmwalkerb View Post
The 4.0 Patch has been out for 1 day. Everyone just needs to relax and learn to play the game the old school way. We are all just lucky that Blizzard allows add ons in the first place and need to be patient when someone who is not making any real money (except donations) is not able to get their add on working as quickly as everyone would want. Carbonite is such an impressive add on that we are all fortunate that they will fix it at all. I hesitate to add that Dec 7 Cat is to be released and I am sure with all the changes to old kingdom it is going to go down again. That time may be a much more extended down and repair process.
I'm not quite sure if this is bitching or not (well some people are). A little communication would however be nice. It isn't like this patch snuck up on us, and in the past all updates have been available on patch day (generally). A dev coming on and saying "we are working on it, it is more work then we had thought and bear with us" would be enough to shut up a majority of the people. I too am someone who bought carbonite before blizz changed their policies, I have donated since. However if you aren't going to let the people who potentially fund the project know that the project is even alive I doubt you can expect much from us.

BTW.. December is a little under 2 months away. If I paid for something which won't work for 2 months because of something that will be coming down the line later on, it is of little consolation.