View Single Post
07-06-17, 02:19 PM   #4
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Oh yes, I should say that the first two errors are probably not caused by either Gatherer or LibActionButton-1.0; in fact, I don't have Gatherer but I do have LAB, yet I still get the same error you have. However, I have never had LAB get blamed on my system. I get HandyNotes, Zygor, etc.

Blizzard's internal bug reporting for tainted execution path is notoriously inaccurate. It tends to blame the next addon or their own UI addon after the actual offending addon or UI addon has done the damage. This is so bad, that the blamed addon or UI addon might not have anything at all to do with the original offense, and also might not even use the tainted code path instructions.

What that means is something like this: say the minimap code goes bad, but the next addon in the memory pool is your unit frames. Unit frame code has exactly zero to do with the minimap, yet the unit frame will be blamed with no mention of the minimap.

So yes, stupid Blizzard bug, and even worse Blizzard error reporting.
Will I get an accurate error message if I only have the addon in question loaded (i.e. no other addons running)?