View Single Post
02-03-10, 06:21 AM   #1
Daeanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Auctioneer Suite

My first run of Minion went far better than I expected for a newly released beta, and it found nearly all of my AddOns correctly, except one or two that I already knew were unsupported dinosaurs (but still work, so hey ). My problem came up with the Auctioneer suite (Auctioneer, Beancounter, Informant, and the various helper AddOns). It detected them fine, and found updates properly, but threw a write error when trying to actually update them ... something along the lines of "could not write file <filename>." I didn't get the full and exact wording, because I was just plain going too fast and didn't note it better.

I thought little of it, and told it to ignore those mods just once, and when I launched WoW, they were completely gone. No big deal, I figured, it is a beta after all, and I restored them from the backup prudently recommended when you install Minion. The actual folders were completely gone from my AddOn folder, by the way, totally erased.

I would have just passed it off as a glitch, but now none of the Auctioneer AddOns are detected at all by Minion. It's like I never installed them. They do not even appear in the ignore list, and all of them are re-installed in WoW.

So how do I get it to recognize they exist? I tried resetting the WoW directory in options, but no go. And what might have caused the write error in the first place?