View Single Post
04-13-13, 02:03 PM   #13
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The main problem is that the "PROTECTED" label is used for all of these functions, even though what it actually means can differ greatly. You'd have to go through them one by one and figure out what kind of protection applies to each function.
I will go through each protected labels if needed. But for the beta version of this "tool" i will not add a complete tooltip notification as mentioned earlier.

It will just return the small tooltip provided by wowpedia aswell as the arguments required e.g:

Frame:CreateFontString(["name"[,"layer"[,"inheritsFrom"]]]) - Create and return a new FontString as a child of this Frame - Can instantiate virtuals in 1.11.

however, you can call any variable instead of Frame you can use w/e you like and the CreateFontString will still show its tooltip aswell as its required arguments.

Though i did end up having some errors where 2 equal "functions" has two different outputs e.g:

MessageFrame:AddMessage
and
ScrollingMessageFrame:AddMessage

both uses the same call but has 2 different arguments

therefor in the tooltips i added this:

Lua Code:
  1. MessageFrame:
  3.      - Add a message to the frame which will fade
  4.      eventually.
  6.      AddMessage("text", red, green, blue, messageId, holdTime)
  8. ScrollingMessageFrame:
  10.      - Add a message to the frame, with an optional
  11.      color ID. (Updated in 2.4.2)
  13.      AddMessage("text", red, green, blue, [id], [addToStart])

I expect to have a fix for this somehow, just need to figure out how

Also when the final release is out different libaries like Ace etc will be included in the list.

Last edited by fRodzet : 04-13-13 at 02:15 PM.