View Single Post
07-19-11, 12:51 PM   #5
passionfly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I don't like the quest watch pane for a different reason

...it does not work. Compared to my lightweight Questguru mod this feature of Carbonite has sucked since I started using it over 1 year ago. I would love to disable the quest watch window in its entirety without sacrificing the map coloring it provides in the minimap. The quest watch list is nowhere near as friendly, easy to use and informative as Questguru. You certainly do not get sounds informing you of quest progression like Questguru.

I play a lot of alts and I have to relog between them and that super annoying quest watch window is always there when I do not need it. I would like one radio button to prvent it from appearing in my UI completely. I do not want to turn off the minimap coloring of where to farm for the quest parts I need for my dailies. This is a gem of Carbonite and shoulod never be disabled.

The quest watch window is based on meters distance to the quest shown. How in the heck do I know how many meters my quest is and why does it hide quests I want to show? Quest Watch is too complicated, too many options, too many choices to just make the stupid thing work and I hate hate hate this part of Carbonite. The mapping system is the real gem of Carbonite not tracking your quests. Once you use a mod like Questguru you will understand what minimal and simple and effective is truly about when using a mod to track how many out of parts u need to complete a quest is about. Questguru runs circles around Carbonites Quest Watch.

PLEASE allow us to remove the quest watch window from the UI without sacrificing the colored quest information in the Carbonite minimap! I don't mean by allowing us to click the X to close the window only to have it reappear all over again between alt relogs or /reloadui's I mean completely turn off the window PERMANENTLY! I don't want to see it. It does not work well and is too complicated!