View Single Post
04-22-09, 08:21 PM   #29
dig81
A Kobold Labourer

Thumbs up

To be honest I tried WowMatrix just a few weeks before the blocking started and I thought it was terrible. It almost always failed to do a complete update, and sometimes didn't even extract an addon or two making them corrupt and causing many errors. Not to mention it installing extra data into every folder it touched. I've used the Curse updater for ages, and before that AceUpdater, in addition to the WOWI java updater for the few addons that Curse didn't update(Doublewide, Lightheaded, etc for example) and never experienced anywhere near the error messages as a did the few days I used WowMatrix. Not to mention, on top of all that, I just felt dirty using Wowmatrix, constantly paranoid, watching my task manager for foreign processes, and waiting for "Gold 1,000 gold for $3" ads to start popping up out of no where.

I do agree the WOWI updater leaves a lot to be desired but being I use the Curse updater as well, it is relatively painless when only updating the 5-10 addons Curse doesn't provide for me.

I must also give both sites Kudos, as another poster mentioned, both sites appear to be loading much faster. Keep on doing your thing.