View Single Post
03-22-09, 10:33 PM   #307
Kimmik
Support Addon Writers

Well we all know time is money. I believe that if an mod of an add-on wants to charge or request donations that should be their right. No where does it say that you have to download said persons add-on. But if you pay for an add-on and blizzard brakes it's functionality well that is how the cookie crumbles.

I would quit wow in protest over this, but I will be honest right now it is part of a treatment for me with some problems I have been having lately... don't laugh it is true... so instead I have donated what little I could to who I could. It wasn't much... but it was all that I had right now.

Most mod authors like for example Nui... have a one time pop up that says please donate.... once... that is it... see before all this went down I used wowmatrix because someone told me how good it was. I did not know what it did. Know that I know I have told everyone that I know about it and I have removed it from my system and will not ever touch it again. I apologize for ever touching it.

Thanks to Wowmatrix I never went to the sites and saw download buttons. And I remember the big blow up with Mazzle... but it was with mazzle that i realized... hell if they want to charge let them... i have the choice to either use their mod or not.... but I damn sure know that I am not half as smart as them when it comes to this cause I could barely make qbasic flash twinkle twinkle back in high school.

Now foreign languages I rock at those.... computer languages... yeah you might as well ask me to figure out a complex astronomical physics equations.