View Single Post
12-20-10, 04:31 PM   #79
AmiYuy
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Faraque View Post
Put three thumbnails up for initial view at addon page, with more available via *more* link, or similar. That way you have a fixed intial menu size, but more shots available for those mods/comps that really need them.
Good compromise I think.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
So in my opinion its much more efficient since your not required to camp one page. You can get anywhere from anywhere. Technically its still 1 state for all as the menu's dont require a click to dropdown.

I agree with the thumbnails in that its nice to see them all and I'm still trying to come up with a better solution than just making a menu on the right side 400 miles long. But you would have had more clicks if you viewed all the pictures on the old layout as you would click on the picture, then click to go back, click on the next picture, then click to go back, etc.

We are working on the great feedback every one has posted and have already pushed some changes live.
Thanks for your feedback.
To you it saves time, and I guess in one way it does, however, that's in relation to the old system. In relation to the NEW system, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the combined info versus splitting it up some how. I haven't seen it in action, but I'd wager that say, a # | # | # layout could work fairly well as a compromise with the three split up for faster gaining of information on which gained an update.

I think you also missed the point on the pictures, you had the choice before of which pictures to click on to expand, so you could choose how many mouse clicks it took you. Stuffing them under one thumbnail and making us slideshow through them all takes away that choice.

I for one have never minded pages getting "lengthy" because of images. Images let me know, without having to install the addon to see, what I'm getting. I even make the choice often just from the thumbnails as to whether or not to keep looking at the addon.

Thank you for taking and using feedback.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Version number placement was altered at the same time as these changes. It is now to the left of the download button, right under the patch compatibility (Cata) icon.
I still think this belongs with the download button and information, not to the left where you're not looking. The button visually separates the version number from the updated date, so you won't "see" it unless you force your eye to look there for it. It's also a completely different color than all of the OTHER download information (blue versus yellow, gray and white). Put it with the updated date, make them the same text color, and simplify the work the visitor has to do to find out if this is an update to their version or not or to compare to Curse's version information. Download does not have to be that big, it's eye-catching yellow as is the button next to it.