View Single Post
10-08-09, 06:35 PM   #35
Faraque
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
Well since the point of having a rotation helper is to show you how to play the game in rotation, maybe the mod should be an action bar replacement and the idea of an arrow indication method is genius! Instead of having yet ANOTHER addon clogging up the scene if you are going to listen to someone else on rotations, you might as well build it into something else.
Ok, sounds good in theory, but here's why I wouldn't want to do that.
Do you currently use an actionbar replacement addon in your UI? How about someone you know? Lets expand even one step further, your guild. Lets estimate you have 45 people in your guild. Half of those (being generous) use more than 3-4 addons. Now we have 22 people. Of those 22, how many use Dominos, Bartender, Macaroon (to name the first three I think of)? Lets say half again. 11 people, split evenly, that 3-4 using bartender, 3-4 using Dominos, 3-4 using Macaroon. Now, if any of those 11 wanted to learn how to use a priority/rotation system on a new toon, they have to remove a familiar addon that does what they expect, and replace it with something that won't look "right" in their own UI. It also won't have the same features as the previous mods they were used to have, because it's not built for that. Now, we're opening a can of worms that will make someone not be interested in the addon because it involves removing what they are already comfortable with and changing to something different and new. While if it was still the vision I initially had, it would simply add a small box that could be moved around instead. Much less resistance to use because it's an addition, not a replacement.

I hope that makes sense.