Thread: RealUI
View Single Post
01-14-13, 06:03 PM   #286
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by jyggen View Post
I installed RealUI a few days ago and love it so far! However, there's a few issues I'd like to report.

The first isse is the tracking of the mage DoT "Nether Tempest" which seems to refresh itself when it reaches zero. If I then cast a new Nether Tempest on the target there'll be two DoTs on the target (according to the tracker that is), and when there's two DoTs the first "refreshing" one will disappear once it reaches zero and the new second one will start to refresh instead (by the looks of it).

The second one is apparently fixed in the latest update (can't master loot), so I'll just skip that. The third issue might not be RealUI related, but sometimes Blizzard's own raid frames appears in the top-left of the screen (slightly below the minimap). I don't know the cause of this or the conditions, but I've managed to sometimes trigger it by opening the BigWigs settings, so the issue might be due to some sort of conflict with BigWigs. I'll keep poking and report back.

I'd also like to point out that, as a new user, I find the lack of documentation annoying. Stuff like "Where's the calendar? Ah, you click the time." and "Seriously, only three hotba... oh cool, you can press Ctrl!" makes me wonder what other cool hidden features I've missed.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying this UI so far! <3

Edit: Another thing, the BugSack button seems to be hidden behind the minimap (http://i.pback.se/50f3a48d6fc64.jpg), don't know if it's intended or not.
I don't have a Mage, but i'll get on the PTR (premades FTW!) and check this out.

have you tried disabling BigWigs to see if the issue persists?

BugSack is not actually behind the minimap. The texture that would be there was just changed to not be visible until there is an error.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll see about making a more comprehensive beginner tutorial.