Thread: FPS drop
View Single Post
12-28-14, 09:36 PM   #16
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Simuliar Issue

I was totally ecstatic when I saw Carbonite was once again up! FANTASTIK job and kudos to you for this accomplishment! I've followed the threads for several months and can only imagine the process you went through.

I have only noted one issue so far - akin to the above post. It doesn't matter where I am, what part of the globe, what area, flying, riding, walking, fighting...I experience a very substantial drop in FPS when I bring up the Carbonite mini-map. Once I activate it, my character is 'herky-jerky' and hard to control. My FPS drops from about 45 to as low as 5. This makes it difficult to get around, especially in Draenor, where there is no flying. I use the map when I get close to a destination to pinpoint my best route - but with the drop in FPS this is not viable.

As the post above, I've removed all previous versions and reference to Carbonite even before I loaded the new version. I've disabled all addons, and tried adding one at a time to see which was causing a possible conflict issue. Check and did several tests with video. Nothing works.

Any idea on what may be causing this and how to circumvent?

Thanks, again, for all the hard work and dedication you did in getting this rolled out!